Testing and Benchmarking your Website Quickly
Website benchmarking (ie answering the question "How well is my website performing") is obviously an extremely complex and subjective question. But what if you just need to test various aspects of your website quickly? Here's some of the tools that I use regularly (to be updated over time):
- Domain DNS Settings - https://who.is/dns/: Gives you a quick overview of what services (web hosting, email hosting etc) are being managed where if you know what you're looking for....
- Link Checker - W3C link checker tool
- Page load speed - Google Pagespeed insights
- Mobile friendly - Google mobile friendly test
- Site engagement / traffic - Shopify visitor reports is nice and simple and tells me most of what I need to know. For non Shopify sites Google analytics.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published