A Shopify App in Laravel Pt 1 - Introduction
If you’re a Laravel / PHP developer trying to learn the basics of building a Shopify App, I am writing this article series for you.
Its the old “information I wish I had when I was starting out” scenario - when I first started developing on the Shopify platform I found the learning process somewhat tedious, mostly given Shopify’s preference for Ruby over PHP, and a general scarcity of solid resources on the subject.
So I will write the articles that I wish I had, and hopefully it will help out a few of you.
To give a decent overview of the process you can actually use, I think that will need to cover the following. As the articles are complete, I will provide a link to that article below.
- Introduction (this article)
- The User Model
- Front end functionality
- Webhooks and uninstallation
I am assuming
- You have some experience in PHP and the Laravel framework (including setting up a basic Laravel project, using
- You want to build a Shopify App for the app store, not just a private app (although they are similar)
- You would like to actually add some front end storefront functionality (not just a pure back-end app)
I will cover content specific resources in the relevant article, however some general resources that were useful to me were: